No Stream Available.... Argh!!

cowboy_curtis
Administrator
So you’ve sat down to watch a movie or a TV show, you turn on Kodi, go into your favorite add-on like Genesis or Exodus, go to pick your show and the error comes up: “No Stream Available”. Yes it is annoying, but what does it mean?

A lot of folks don't understand what this error means and I want to try to help you out. There is a misconception that the Digibox  stores every single movie and TV show on the internet. Content links are found on the Add-ons. There are various types of Add-ons and it is important to explore them all. At least the ones that Load with the !Only Wizard.

Multi-source Add-ons like Exodus are simply glorified search engines. The list of movies and TV shows they offer are provided from the API key from a service like Trakt, IMDB or themoviedb. The list of links to each show are scraped from the sources loaded into the Add-on by the creator. They store no content and do nothing to update the list of shows or movies. Sometimes the guys that make the Add-ons can be a bit lazy.

Add-ons like Exodus, SALTs, or Velocity simply scan the streaming websites loaded into them for available links. If none of these websites have working links to load, you will get the “No stream available” error. The older or more obscure your search is, the less likely that streams are available. Talk shows, old movies, or TV shows that air on less-popular channels or countries are less likely to having working links.

How do I fix this “No stream available” error?

95% of the time, a “no stream available” error in Kodi has nothing to do with the unit. The majority of the time it is the Add-on. Try another Add-on.  If you can find something on one Add-on you will be able to find it on quite a few others. How well it will play is another question. There is not a single perfect Add-on and they will all go down from time to time. That is why it is important to clear Kodi and rerun the !OnlyWizard regularly and to explore the other Add-ons. Take notes as to where you find things so you can find them again. The other 5% are typically internet service provider issues such as speed and DNS blockage and throttling.

The bottom line is that you need to keep trying new Add-ons and exploring.
Cowboy Curtis
Independent Technology Consultant
The Mindfield Group

Re: No Stream Available.... Argh!!

troy
Every option in Sports Devil says playback failed check log for details or no stream available or just no response at all not 1 single show will play. I don't know how to configure add ons . I have same problems with some other sites. I hope someone can help. I'm mainly looking for ESPN and other college football channels. Thanks

Re: No Stream Available.... Argh!!

tomas
please help me how i get UFC Fights PPV  Update?

Re: No Stream Available.... Argh!!

cardinal
Vidtime-vtse-sports-sportsreplays-ufc